KAHLIL GIBRAN – ON PAIN

卡里.紀伯倫 痛苦

譯者:Sophia L.

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.

你的痛苦是蛻繭而出的領悟

Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun,

如同種子需要破殼而出,它的心靈才能享受陽光滿佈

so must you know pain.

因此你必得瞭解痛苦

And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life,

假使你能用心體會奇蹟於生活小處

your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;

令人驚奇的是,你的痛苦並不多於你擁有的幸福

And you would accept the seasons of your heart,

你便能坦然面對你的心靈變數

even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.

如同你早已習慣了自然界裡四季變換轉逐

And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.

那麼,你就能平靜地看待生命裡悲傷冬季的嚴酷

Much of your pain is self-chosen.

痛苦多是你自行選擇的定數

It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.

那是醫者為了治瘉你的心病,然而良藥必苦

Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquillity:

請平和地飲下他開出的藥方,對於醫者,你們必得信服

For his hand, though heavy and hard,

儘管他的雙手是如此沉重與剛固

is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen,

然而,指引他的卻是仁慈、無形的造物主

And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay

他帶來福杯滿溢,即使將灼傷你的脣,而它卻是以人的形體所造鑄

which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears.

那陶土也曾被冶陶者神聖的眼淚所濕濡


當音樂和哲學合而為一

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    Sophia Lai 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()